What an incredible statement.
This is the way that I want to live my life. This is the way that I want to improve every aspect of my daily activities. I've been meaning to start a blog for a while after I closed my old xanga account. That was mostly used for pictures, but this will be used to document ways that I am trying to optimize every day.
This blog will include ways that I have been trying to change my:
- personal relationships
- and my outlook on life.
By the way, I did not come up with the motto "relentless self improvement." My friend Wayne has had it on his aim profile for a while. I think it's some kind of slogan or theme for the fraternity that he has been associated with. I'm not sure, I never asked. Either way, I like it. I'm not claiming to have come up with the phrase. But it is a phrase that has always stuck with me and a motto that I wish to live by.
Something changed a year ago.
Over this last year, I've begun to realize how truly wonderful life is. I've begun to cherish the most basic necessities of life that I've been provided. Envy is an emotion I've begun to feel a lot less of. My eyes have been opened. The biggest emotion that I've been feeling lately is empathy for others.
I decided to stop living a meaningless existence and try to improve myself.
I decided to stop doing a lot of things:
- I decided to stop eating out everyday.
- I decided to stop wasting all my money on buying other people drinks and dinner.
- I decided to stop living paycheck to paycheck.
- I decided to stop wasting all of my life watching television.
- I decided to stop caring about the nice things that other people had that I wanted.
I also decided to start doing a few things as well:
- I decided to bring my lunch to work
- I decided to eat healthier
- I decided to gain full control of my finances
- I decided to start reading for leisure
I hope to accomplish a few things with this blog.
- Post some things that I do on a regular basis which you may want to incorporate into your routine
- Post a tip I've learned to improve something in my life
- Post any revelations or epiphanies that come to my mind
- Post an occasional book review
- Post an article that I find interesting online
Maybe you can learn a thing or two from me. I really hope to learn something from you.
Now on to the latest post.
Update 2.23.2012: I have decided to focus more on the financial aspects of improving my daily life. This site has been renamed to: Relentless Financial Improvement.
Update 2.28.2012: The content on this blog is for informational purposes only. I am not a professional financial advisor, and the information I've provided may be inaccurate and not suitable for your individual needs and purposes. While I attempt to provide accurate information on this website, the information on this blog is not a substitute for advice from a professional financial or investment advisor. Thanks McD.