We all have more wealth than we can possibly imagine.
An article I read the other day on CNN Money
- Americans make up half of the world's richest 1%
- It only takes $34,000 a year, after taxes, to be among the richest 1% in the world
- Even the poorest 5% of Americans are better off financially than two thirds of the entire world
Other interesting facts I've found on google regarding poverty:
- 40% of the world's population lives on an income level of $2 per day
- The minimum wage in Shenzhen China is $230 a month, and this is considered high for the country
- One third of the world's population does not own a toilet
I'll say it again. We all have more wealth than we can possibly imagine.
We should be grateful to have the basics:
- our ability to read
- proper food and nutrition
- access to healthcare
- safe drinking water
- freedom from oppression and slavery
There will always be people who have more wealth than we do.
And we will always have more wealth than most of the world.
It's time to get over ourselves and stop bitching.