It’s that time of the year again; the time where you’ll be spending too much money on yourself and on others. It’s the season for getting a Christmas bonus, extra gift money from the grandparents or maybe getting paid extra for working holiday hours.
It’s that time for big sales, long lines, crowded parking lots, and frustrated people.
The main reasons I prefer online shopping include:
- Not dealing with crowds of people in lines
- Not fighting over limited parking spots
- Easy price comparisons for similar products among various online merchants. Trying to do this in a department store with a smartphone can be a hassle.
- Easy to read customer feedback about any product you want to purchase.
- I can shop any time I want, in the comfort of my own home. Unlike retail establishments, the Internet never closes
And the biggest reason I prefer online shopping:
- I get to quickly multiply earned points, cash back, or miles with shopping portals.
So you’ve already decided, you want a particular item for yourself this holiday season. Or you are set on getting something nice for your significant other / family / friend(s). I’m not here to tell you that you can’t buy something, especially if you’ve already set up a targeted savings account for your Christmas fund.
I’m here to tell you to maximize your cash back reward on your purchase. That way, the more you give others, the more you will get back for yourself.
Online shopping portals are the quickest and easiest way to double dip purchases for points and miles.
And if you haven’t set up a Christmas fund and you’re feeling very tight on spending money this season, remember this feeling and consider setting up a Christmas fund for next year. Just think: if you only set aside $100 into a specific Christmas fund every month, by next year, you will have $1200 worth of guilt free spending money.
As I’ve shared before, my favorite cash back shopping portal finders are: evreward, cashbackholic, and nerdwallet.
Whether you’re looking to earn extra credit card points, extra free airline mines, or more cash back, these three sites will search the Internet for the best rebates available among shopping portals and will save you the trouble of doing the research yourself. It all depends on what kind of reward you’re looking for.
No matter which type of rewards you fancy, there’s a shopping portal out there for you to click through. Shop at home this holiday season in your pajamas, sipping on a hot chocolate, and earn extra points, miles, and cash back.
|Mr. Rebates' logo|